Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Socially Habituated

“I will bathe in Ganges once my daughter gets married”. That’s the latest ideology I came across with.

Seriously…. I mean Seriously? Are we still in the same old world norms or do we have the developed mindsets that we proclaim.

I mean I have no qualms or I do not say that bathing in Ganges is bad, my only point is why it has to be followed this way. Is marrying your daughter such a big liability or do you still believe having a boy over girl can fetch you heaven?

C’mmon are we really living in 21st century or we still moved ahead just for the heck of it and we are still standing at the same place.

The cute little girl of ours who spend a lifetime of memories in her parents’ house, is just being donated on one fine day in a ritual named as “Kanyadaan”, stating you do not belong to here in the same manner now.

We say we have changed and we are changing. Are we not just tied up in the social customs willingly or unwillingly?

The much prayed and sought after son may abandon you in the Old age, though we will still not leave a speck of option to have a male child. And then we keep on believing in the entire lifetime that he will be the one whom we can cling to, in our old age; although he might be having the dreams of being in another world of freedom otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom of womankind

Though it was formally banned in December 1829, under the Bengal Presidency by Lord William Bentinck; the free India still holds its deeper...